NX Nastran is a premium computer-aided engineering (CAE) tool that major manufacturers worldwide rely on for their critical engineering computing needs to produce safe, reliable and optimized designs within increasingly shorter design cycle times. For over 30 years, Nastran has been the analysis solution of choice in almost every major industry including aerospace, defense, automotive, shipbuilding, heavy machinery, medical and consumer products – an industry standard for the computer-aided analysis of stress, vibration, structural failure/durability, heat transfer, noise/acoustics and flutter/aeroelasticity.
NX Nastran Solutions
NX Nastran is a standalone solution for the extended enterprise. Typically running on networked server CPUs, NX Nastran supports multiple users, multiple sites and/or multiple finite element pre- and post-processing applications, whether supplied by Siemens PLM Software or other CAE solution providers.
NX Nastran is ideal for customers who need a single flexible, robust and cost-effective finite element solver solution that is able to support a wide range of product performance simulation processes. It provides a high degree of interoperability with a large number of CAE applications and ensures a common simulation backbone across a wide variety of user needs and throughout the entire digital prototyping process. This ensures that all digital simulation results are consistent and readily accessible to all CAE users within an enterprise with the minimum of analysis re-work. Pursuant to this agreement, Siemens offers these NX Nastran solutions:
- NX Nastran - Basic: The core subset of NX Nastran and includes a robust suite of linear statics, normal modes, buckling analyses and heat transfer capabilities.
- NX Nastran - Advanced Nonlinear: Provides the capability to analyze FE models with nonlinear behavior due to contacting parts, material nonlinearities and/or geometric nonlinearities (that is; large deformations). An add-on module to NX Nastran-Basic, the Advanced Nonlinear solver is based on an integration of the well known and highly regarded ADINA implicit and explicit solvers with NX Nastran.
- NX Nastran - Dynamic Response: Calculates forced dynamic response to inputs (loads or motions) that vary with time or frequency.
- NX Nastran - Superelements: Plays a key role when solving very large and complex finite element models by decomposing larger structures into smaller substructures called superelements.
- NX Nastran - Direct Matrix Abstraction Program (DMAP): Programming capability that allows customers to expand NX Nastran with their own applications and custom modules.
- NX Nastran - Optimization: Relieves the burden of improving product designs by automating the iterative process of comparing performance against specifications.
- NX Nastran - Aeroelasticity: Simulates structural models in the presence of an air stream.
- NX Nastran Distributed Memory Parallel (DMP): Distributed memory parallel functionality enables the execution of extremely large models by utilizing the simultaneous processing capabilities of the latest multi-processor platforms and environments including workstation clusters. NX Nastran provides dramatically improved performance scalability up through 64 parallel CPUs. DMP is available as an add-on to NX Nastran- Basic and is included as part of the NX Nastran- Advanced bundle.
- NX Nastran - Rotor Dynamics: A new dynamic analysis capability that enables engineers to develop designs that operate away from the critical unstable operating speeds of rotating systems.
- NX Nastran for Femap: Windows-native desktop CAE solution that combines Femap's pre- and post-processing with NX Nastran analysis.
Some content provided by Siemens PLM Software