RecurDyn is Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) software that is focused on Multibody Dynamics (MBD), while offering multiphysics solutions. The technology behind RecurDyn has superior calculation efficiency because it is based on recursive formulation. Because of this, RecurDyn gives the best performance in large-scale multibody problems (systems with a large number of bodies), including mechanical systems that experience a lot of contact.
Along with the powerful solver, RecurDyn features a natural Windows-based User Interface which is intuitive and easy to use, as well as a custom application development environment which enables users to automate complicated and/or tedious tasks.
RecurDyn Analysis Options
- Rigid and Flexible Multibody Dynamic Analysis
- Kinematic Analysis
- Static Analysis
- Design Studies and Design of Experiments
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Vibration (Linear) Analysis Download Brochure (pdf)
RecurDyn features Interdisciplinary modules which allow you to:
- Model flexible bodies within your system using Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Design control systems to interact with your mechanical models
RecurDyn has Communicator modules which allow it to interface with other softwares. This allows:
- Cosimulation with control systems in Matlab/Simulink
- Importing/exporting geometry from various Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems
RecurDyn features Toolkits which are optimized for various applications across many industries. These include:
Explore the capabilites of RecurDyn to discover how the value of having a true virtual prototype can be realized.
- Media transport systems
- Systems with chains, belts, and gears
- Tracked vehicles such as construction and agricultural equipment, as well as military vehicles.
"...As a further validation of the dynamic computer model, RecurDyn software, from Function Bay, Inc., was used to perform the same simulation (as ADAMS)...The new solver (RecurDyn) ran in about one third of the time (as ADAMS) for nearly identical results."
-- Anthony Hays
-- Michigan Aerospace Corp
From: Dynamic Simulation Makes a Connection,
From: SAE Aerospace Engineering
"UGS is excited to expand its simulation capabilities to include a new, multi-body dynamics solver. Partnering with FunctionBay provides our customers flexible options to select the motion simulation technology that best meets their specific application requirements. RecurDyn has demonstrated excellent performance and is well-known in the industry."
-- Jim Rusk - Vice President
-- UGS Digital Simulation Solutions
From: UGS and FunctionBay Announce Partnership,
From: UGS Press Release